Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cakes VS Cupcakes

The great debate of the 21st century is of the cake species!  What to have at a wedding or a special event: cakes or cupcakes? 

Cakes are formal, elegant and classic.  Cakes can be decorated with dazzling embellishments or left simple and classic.  Cupcakes are fun, pretty and cute.  Cupcakes are becoming more popular than ever at events.  Cupcakes are popping up because you know how many to order exactly if you are on a tight budget allowing individuals to have one cupcake.  However, in my personal experience your guests are more likely to eat more than one.  You can have them in multiple flavors and as many as you want instead of 4 layers of cake with 4 flavors.  If you have 100 cupcakes you could have 100 flavors literally! J Cupcakes are an easy more convenient type of dessert that you can dress up for any special occasion. 

I chose cupcakes for my wedding and they were made by Heavenly Cupcakes of Sarasota, Florida and they turned out beautiful and they tasted even better!  My husband and I were even able to have them bake a large cupcake so we could put our unique and personable wedding cake topper on top and cut that as husband and wife and also save it for our 1 year wedding anniversary.  Plus my own personal theory was if my loving and caring husband was going to try to smash my face with cake for our cake cutting ceremony, I was going to start throwing cupcakes one by one at him J luckily it didn’t come to that!

I love cupcakes because you can choose different frostings, flavors, colors and even individual embellishments and decorations for each cupcake.  A great idea I thought of was have the cupcakes as the wedding favors by putting the guests name on each cupcake and also have a display of cupcakes incase your guests wanted more than 1 each.  You could also have the individual cupcakes that for your favors in cute little boxes that match your theme or colors. 

I have shared some pictures form my wedding and some more from Heavenly Cupcakes website:



No comments:

Post a Comment